Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Great Greenland




Yesterday I flew in from D.C. because on my flight from the Amazon the plane needed fuel. Shortly after would I started taking photo’s and collecting information, so far I have concluded that there are a lot of species of whales in and around Greenland. And At times it can be very dark and at other times very bright, for example in Qaanaaq, the sun doesn't rise for a whole three months. Greenland, the world's largest island, is about 81% ice-capped. Also there are not a lot of locals and I think tourism must be there biggest industry. I did one of the local activities, hiking. It was one of the short hikes and but I still saw some of the great and wondrous things in Greenland. Like the ice caps and other magnificent sites, I also took this picture.
Next Mountains.

1 comment:

Rory_842 said...

Sounds like it is going pretty well.
I am hitting South Africa next for a Safari.